Drain and Sewer
Slab Leak Service by The Sunny Plumber
The Sunny Plumber provides slab leak services in Tucson, AZ. The phrase “slab leak” is not something that any homeowner wants to hear. It is a huge undertaking that can seem intimidating at the beginning. However, The Sunny Plumber offers fast and reliable slab leak detection in Tucson. We have years of experience working with slab leaks of all different sizes. Our Tucson lumbers are highly skilled at finding the source of the leak and fixing it as quickly as possible.
We know that your home is a place where you need to feel safe and be able to relax. That’s why we take such great pride in offering top quality Tucson slab leak services. We are committed to your total satisfaction and to the quality of our workmanship. When you need slab leak detection and slab leak repairs in Tucson, make sure that you call The Sunny Plumber.
Join The Sunshine Club
- FREE Flood Prevention Inspection Annually
- FREE Water Testing
- Priority Scheduling
- Member Only Discounts
Causes of Slab Leaks
In many homes, the main water line comes into the home from the street and travels under or through the slab and then up into the home. Over time there can be a number of things that cause the pipes to leak, crack or burst.
- Pinhole leak
- Dents can happen during the initial construction and installation of the copper water pipes. As water flows of the small dents on the inside of the pipe the water will wear a small hole into the side of the pipe.
- If the copper pipes in your home were of poor quality, they will corrode very quickly from the water passing through them.
- Hard water
- If your home has hard water in it, the minerals in the water can be very destructive to your water pipes.
Tucson AZ Slab Leak
For many homeowners, it can be hard to tell if they have a slab leak in their home. Here at The Sunny Plumber we’ve worked with countless customers to help them detect if their slab has a leak in it. Here are some of the signs that we look for.
- Cracked slab
- If you start to notice cracks in your foundation or in your home’s slab, then it’s likely that those are caused by leaking water. As the ground absorbs the water, it will weaken and cause your whole foundation to sag.
- Running water
- If you hear running water in your home even though all of the faucets and appliances are turned off, it likely means that you have a leak in your pipes.
- Water bill
- Keep a close eye on your water bill. If it suddenly spikes for no apparent reason it could mean that you have a serious leak.
- Warm spots
- When you notice that certain spots in your floor are warm, it could mean that there water leak in your slab.
- Water pools
- If you start to notice water in strange places around your house or in areas where you’ve never seen it before, it likely means that something is going on with your water system.
Tucson AZ Slab Leak Repair
If your home is suffering from a slab leak there are a few slab leak repair options available to you. After our plumbers find where the leak is, these are the options that are available to you.
- In this method, our plumbers would remove any flooring you have at the leak location and we would jackhammer out a section of your foundation. Our expert Tucson plumbers would replace the leaking section of pipe and then repair the hole in the floor.
- Another option, and one that is preferable to many homeowners in Tucson, is to simply re–route your entire water line away from your slab. We would install new copper pipes or PEX piping and run the water into your home through the floor instead of through the slab.
- Line the pipe
- A final option, is to line your water line with an epoxy coating that seals up any leaks. While this does slightly reduce the diameter of your pipe, it is an attractive option for some homeowners.
If you need any kind of slab leak detection or slab leak repairs in Tucson, make sure that you call The Sunny Plumber.
The Sunny Plumber Provides Plumbing Services in the Greater Tucson, AZ Area.