Your drains are as busy as a commuter train rail, constantly sending wastewater from various faucets and pipes from your home to the sewer or septic line. Any number of items wash down your drains regularly, including hair, soap scum and food particles. One of the best ways to maintain your drains is to schedule annual drain cleaning in Green Valley. But maintenance is just one reason – here are a few others:
- Prevent clogs – clogs can develop quickly, and some can be deep in your plumbing system, making them hard to reach. During routine drain cleaning the plumber can snake your drains with professional-grade equipment and clear out developing clogs for good.
- Prevents odors – no one wants to think about stinky drains, but they do happen. Sometimes smells can develop from food waste trapped in the drain, other times there may be bacteria or FOG (fats, oils or grease) in the drains. Odors stink both literally and figuratively, so get ahead of smelly drains with a drain cleaning.
- Prevents damage – clogs and backups can weaken your plumbing, making it vulnerable to damage like cracks and broken seals; keeping your drains in good working order helps prevent the problems that can lead to damage.
- Extends the life of your plumbing system – having a plumbing system that is healthy year-round prevents premature aging of the piping, joints and seals.
How Do I Know I Need Drain Cleaning?
There are some telltale signs that it’s time for you to schedule a drain cleaning for your home:
- Gurgling sound – if your drain gurgles just after water drains down, this is a good indication there’s build-up in the pipes. The reason the pipes gurgle is that the build-up has trapped air in the pipe and the air releases as the water flows downward.
- Slow draining – drains are designed to flow wastewater expediently; if you are waiting and waiting for water to make it down your drain, there is most likely a clog or significant build-up hampering the water’s flow.
- Recurring clogs – do have a drain that you’ve cleared before, only to have it clog again? Professionals have the tools to reach deep into your system and successfully remove any clog – for good.
Your plumbing system needs maintaining just as your heating and cooling systems do. Schedule a service appointment today by calling The Sunny Plumber for professional drain cleaning service for your Green Valley home!