Plumbing leaks can be a major hazard to your home. The risk of flooding in your home is a huge problem, as property damage is a concern for any homeowner. But the health risks involved are perhaps even scarier. Sewer line leaks can lead to some obvious health risks, while mold and mildew around the home from a water leak can aggravate respiratory problems.
Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to detect a plumbing leak. Sometimes, you can see a stream of water leaking from the showerhead or a puddle forming underneath the sink. Other times, however, the pipes behind the walls or underneath your property can spring a leak, and you may not notice until it is too late and water has infiltrated your home. Check out the following list for ways to spot plumbing leaks before they become a major problem, and call the experts at The Sunny Plumber as soon as you need plumbing services in Sahuarita.
- Reduced Water Pressure: One often-ignored sign of a plumbing leak is low water pressure. The water supply is kept pressurized so that it can easily flow through the faucets and fixtures. But if you only notice a slow drip, it could indicate a leak somewhere along the water line.
- Water Spots on the Wall or Ceiling: Check for dark, damp spots on the wall or ceiling and call a plumber immediately to prevent further damage and compromised air quality.
- Pools of Water in the Yard: Unusual puddles in the yard may indicate a plumbing leak underneath your property, in which case you need immediate service from a professional.
- Foul Odors: Foul odors in your yard could point to a plumbing leak. Plumbing odors from the drains inside of your home, however, may only indicate a smaller problem like a dried out P-trap, in which case running the tap may solve the problem.
- High Water Bill: One final way to tell if you need repair services ASAP is to check your utilities. When you notice an unusual spike in your water usage even though you have not made any major changes to your home, there is likely to be a leak somewhere in your plumbing system.
Call the certified plumbers at The Sunny Plumber for all of your plumbing needs in Sahuarita.