That title sure is a mouthful! While drains can clog for multiple reasons, we’d like to get to the bottom of why your drain is clogging. You could just hire a plumber to take a look and clear it out for you, but you’d probably like a bit more information before you decide to spend money on a service that you’re not sure you need. We totally understand!
Luckily, there are a few great resources you can use when trying to determine the state of your drains. From video pipe inspections to identifying some common culprits, there are some great ways that your local plumber in Tucson can help.
Just remember, there’s only one name that should come to mind when you think of fast and effective drain cleaning services—and that’s the Sunny Plumber! Our phone lines are open if you need help right away.
If It’s Unknown, Invest in Video Pipe Inspection
Look, we’re never going to know for certain what’s in your drains unless we actually take a look at them. Contrary to popular belief, this is actually possible without pulling apart your pipes and investing with a flashlight. Introducing video pipe inspection!
Video pipe inspection is a service we provide that’s affordable when compared to other plumbing services. We put an auger down your drain with a microscopic camera attached to the end of it so that you can physically see everything that’s clogging your drain. Then we can move on to some solutions that are appropriate for the size and intensity of the drain clog. It’s a great service to invest in initially so that you can gauge the scope of plumbing work that needs to be done!
Some Common Culprits of a Drain Clog
After you investigate, here are some of the drain clog materials you might recognize.
- Cleaning products. Home cleaning products can sometimes get flushed down drains by accident. We’ll never fault anyone for mistakes or accidents, but we want to be honest and tell customers that they are definitely bad for their drains. Make sure you throw out cleaning products in the future, and we can help you remove the clog that they’ve caused.
- Toys. Your kids might love flushing toys down the drain but your drains most likely hate it. These can get stuck in odd positions and cause a lot of trouble for unsuspecting parents!
- Paper products. Paper products like paper towels, napkins, and tissues can create substantial clogs in your drains. Make sure you throw these materials out and don’t flush them down your drains!
- FOG. If you’re dealing with a kitchen drain, FOG can be a big worry. FOG stands for fats, oils, and grease, and they’re contaminants that can start out as liquids but turn into solids when they cool off in your drain. Make sure you try to dump them in the trash bin when you’re done using them for cooking.
- Hair. For bathroom drains, hair can be a real problem. Don’t go to chemicals to clean out a hair clog, make sure you use professional drain cleaning service.